Few Symptoms and Signs That You Can Notice in any Meth-Addicted Person
Meth is a highly addictive substance. It is most frequently smoked or snorted, while it is also called speed, crank, dope, crystal, and ice. However, it can also be taken orally as pills, or it can be injected intravenously too.
It may be a situation like life and death to recognize meth addiction. Methamphetamine is a stimulant that, like related amphetamines recommended for ADHD, improves concentration.
Detox to Rehab is a famous rehab clinic and in case you find any signs of meth hot rails addiction you must refer to this place. The following are a few signs that you need to notice.
Physical Signs – Short Term
- Skin sores due to picking at skin
- Rapid weight loss
- Raised body temperature
- Poor dental hygiene
- Increased heart rate
- Flushed skin
- Drug cravings
- Dilated pupils
- Decreased appetite
- Chest pain
- Burns on lips/fingers due to holding red-hot pipes and smoking from it
Physical Signs – Long-Term
- Rotten teeth
- Respiratory issues
- Premature aging
- Liver failure
- Kidney failure
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
Behavioral Symptoms Of Meth Addiction
A few of the short-term behavioral signs that can be found due to meth addiction are as follows:
- Neglecting responsibilities, e.g., work or school
- Losing interest in all previously enjoyed activities
- Spending more amount of time with few new friends
- Eating less.
- Withdrawing from closed family relations and friends
- Usually picking/scratching at skin – The use of meth may create the bug sensation as if they are crawling on your skin, and causing itchiness
- Less sleeping – People using meth may not sleep for several days, or weeks too
- Acting very suspiciously and secretively
Few Long-Term Behavioral Signs
- Disrupted sleep schedule
- Borrowing or stealing money
- Loss of friends as well as getting disconnected from loved ones
- Displaying violent behavior leads to legal trouble.
Don’t take these symptoms lightly and if any of your relatives or friends showing this symptom then refer to any rehab center.